>> Financial Assistance
ACTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL – S137 GRANT /DONATION APPLICATIONS
Grant Application Form
Printable Guideline Document
The Community Council considers applications for financial assistance using the guidelines set out on a quarterly basis with the annual £3,500 budget being apportioned equally each quarter to allow the Community Council to be more focused and equitable when determining financial assistance applications. The quarterly meetings are held in March, June, September and December each year.
The following guidelines have been adopted by Acton Community Council with effect from 1 April 2019. The hierarchy model as illustrated is based on a three tier system that assesses the level of need around the population that is being served. In addition, priority will be given to groups within the Acton Community or those groups that are providing for residents in the Acton Community.
The three tier system caps the amount of funds made available to deserving organisations. This is a more equitable system as decisions will not be made on an ad-hoc basis. It is accepted there will be anomalies within the system, but these will be dealt with on the merits of the submitted application on a case by case basis. By way of explanation: -
a. Basic needs of Life:
• Organisations or programs that ensure the basic needs of life are dispersed to members of our community, such as food, clothing and basic hygiene products
• Organisations or programs that benefit youth within our community
• Organisations or programs that benefit our elders and other members within our community
• Outdoor recreation, such as football and other team sports
• Litter collection/management
• Community greening/planting
· Religious organisations of all kinds that lie directly within our ward may receive funding if their donation request is for members of our community
f. Larger Community