Published: 12 September 2023
In accordance with Section 151 of the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011, the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales requires that: Relevant authorities must make arrangements for the publication within the authority area of the remuneration received by its members and co-opted members (including chairs of JOSCs or sub-committees of JOSCs).
This information must be published and provided to the Panel no later than 30 September following the end of the year to which the payments relate. The following information must be provided:
- The amount of basic salary, senior salary, civic salary and co-opted member fee paid to each named member/co-opted member of the relevant authority, including where the member had chosen to forego all or part of the salary, or fee for the municipal year in question. Where a senior salary has been paid, the title of the senior office held is to be provided.
- The payments made by community and town councils to named members as:
i. Attendance Allowance.
ii. Financial Loss Allowance.
iii. Payments for costs incurred in respect of telephone usage, broadband etc.
iv. Allowances made to a mayor/chair and deputy mayor/chair.
- All care, travel and subsistence expenses and other payments received by each named member and co-opted member of the relevant authority, with each category identified separately.
- The amount of any further payments received by any named member nominated to, or appointed by, another relevant authority or other public body as defined by Section 67 of the Local Government (Democracy) (Wales) Act 2013, namely: a local health board a police and crime commissioner panel a relevant authority a body designated as a public body in an order made by the Welsh Ministers.
- Names of members who did not receive basic or senior salary because they were suspended for all or part of the annual period to which the Schedule applies.
This schedule sets out the position as required under item b above for each of the Members of Acton Community Council. It should be noted that the only payments Acton Community Council has made during the year ended 31 March 2023, were in respect of the Determination that mandates all community and town councils must make available a payment to each of their members of £150 per year as a contribution to costs and expenses. The payments were made those members that chose not to opt out. Otherwise no further payments were made to any of its Members in respect of Attendance Allowance, Financial Loss Allowance, or Allowances made to a mayor/chair and deputy mayor/chair.